ThermoGen Power Services Inc. is a Canadian company that provides power plant performance evaluation services for Power Generation, Engineering Service Companies and EPC contractors around the world.
Our goal is to provide flexible and innovative services to power plants and projects seeking to measure, optimize, model, monitor or forecast power plant performance in a cost-effective manner.
We combine field expertise with detailed engineering analysis to provide power generation companies a competitive edge by optimizing their power plant equipment performance. The benefits directly impact their financial returns in the short and long term.
The Sales Leader for Middle East and Latin America position provides the opportunity for a young business professional to become fully engaged in one of the most dynamic industries in the world, the power generation industry. As a sales leader you will be required to interact with people from around the world, from developed areas to remote locations to support the sales activities of thermal performance evaluation services of power plants and its main equipment (gas turbines, steam turbines, heat recovery steam generators, coal boilers, wind turbines among others)
The responsibility of the sales leader is to conduct market research of our services in the assigned region, generate business contacts with the decision makers, support the development of business proposal, conduct presentations to decision makers and interact directly with site personnel at all organization levels, from power plant operators, managers as well as directors and executives from power generation companies.
This position will challenge your intellectual curiosity and business skills by:
- Understanding the value proposition of our services
- Developing a sales pipeline of business opportunities within the assigned region.
- Generating sales proposals and identifying key points for successful close of projects.
- Developing business relations within the region at all levels of power generation companies.
- Travel within the assigned region to visit clients and prospects to use our services.
- Conduct market research of the assigned regions.
- Attend to industry trade shows and generate leads for the company.
- Generate and improve tools to create winning proposals.
- Collaborate to develop a business strategy
- B.A. in Business, Administration, Marketing, International Relations, Other Commercial Areas. (Recent graduate – Maximum 2 years of experience)
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time to urbanized and remote locations within the assigned regions.
- Fully bilingual (conversational level) 100% English.
- Comfortable working in an international environment with little supervision. This position will be home-office.
- Hands-on attitude and high energy.
- Organized and Fast Learner.
- Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Willingness to understand technical concepts and explain those to potential customers.
- Attracted to work in a lean and small organization.
- Self-starter and can-do attitude, sense of urgency.
- Interest for the power generation industry and gaining an overall view of growing a small start-up globally.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, diplomacy and business acumen.
- Friendly and attractive personality.
- Team player and high work ethic.
- Top 10% of their class.
- Experience in the selling of professional technical services
- Fluent in Spanish (Written and Spoken)
- Third language is a plus (Arabic, Turkish, French, German)
- International Experience (Exchange program, Abroad work, etc)
- Experience in negotiation, commercial proposal development, etc.
- Leadership position in student organizations.
- Conduct market research of current power generation projects in Middle East, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- Establish contact with potential decision makers.
- Conduct presentation of our services to power plant operators, technical and commercial managers and executives.
- Develop and maintain a list of contacts.
- Be involved with the development of new power plants in the region.
- Support Commercial and New Business Initiatives.
- As the position develops, the sales leader will grow into a commercial manager in the region with responsibility to develop a sales organization.
- Create a sense of urgency within the organization that contributes to the development of the company.
- Be the face of the company; act with high degree of professionalism at all times.