The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP’s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
Objective of the internship: improve ICT Unit capacity in providing end user support.
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP ICT Manager the Intern provides daily technical support to end-users on the information management tools and technology infrastructure. ICT Intern promotes a client-oriented approach.
Description of Responsibilities :
- Provides effective support focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Provides daily on-site support on the usage of software and hardware to the end-users;
- Researches and retrieves the data from various sources;
- preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Helps to ensure that information and communication technology (ICT) equipment is in good working condition and assists with maintenance and minor repairs;
- Assists in the installation of commercial and in-house software and related upgrades;
- Responds to end-user needs regarding network access
Supports equipment inventory and ICT Unit record-keeping;
- Performs additional tasks as requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
Impact of Results
Work must be conducted with a high quality and accuracy. The key results have an impact on the efficient UNDP office work and overall end user satisfaction.
- Demonstrates keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge
- Understanding of UN/UNDP mandates and specifics of activities
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude, pro-activity
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Diplomatic skills
Enrolled student of degree programme or completed 4 years of full-time studies at a university in information and communications technology, information systems, computer science, information systems, cybernetics or related field.
Sound knowledge and practical experience in IT technologies, including end user operating systems, standard software, hardware installation, maintenance and minor repair, wired and wireless networking, related terminology. Practical experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems is desirable.
Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian and English
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is 01 SEPTEMBER 2015
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=59493
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: The applications for internship will be considered for other possible internship openings within UNDP Ukraine.